There is a wide variety of DERMS in the market that although they have a high technological level in terms of software, they still lack an in-depth knowledge of base technologies, mainly energy storage systems.
The hybrid approach, the integration of degradation and operation models of energy storage and the virtualization feature of the HyDEMS
permits to cover a wide range of scenarios and applications; configure multiple optimization targets for different flexibility services.
The envisioned HyDEMS, will reach TRL8 after the project, goes beyond of the current state of the art, adopting the following innovation pillars:
- Hybridization of various flexibilities with utilisation and monetisation
- Advanced assets models. The implementation of semi-empirical behavioral and degradation models of energy storage devices, provide real-time information about the available performance of the DES and how it is degraded due to the operation.
- Hybridization algorithms, operating each DES within its comfort region to leverage the maximum synergies between energy storage technologies
- State of Function (SoF), as a virtualization layer for the grid operation based on a dimensionless vector that shows, on a very compact way, the availability of DES to perform different simultaneous services
- Optimal multi-service operation, based on functional KPIs in multiple scenarios and considering multiple constrains in the DES pool